Saturday, September 13, 2008

Great Baseball Book

Pinch Hitter is the poignant story about a middle-aged electronics salesman who fulfills a childhood dream of playing big league baseball for his hometown team.

Pinch Hitter
by Dean Whitney.

Saw this book advertised on a baseball blog and, out of curiosity, ordered it from Amazon. I read it over 4 days and now my brother is reading it. The author's writing style reminds me a little of Nicholas Sparks. An easy read and a fun story!

There aren't many fictional baseball books coming out these days. Pinch Hitter is one of the best I've read in years. And the ending left it open for a sequel, which was a very nice touch. I would definitely look forward to buying a second book when Dean decides to put another one out.

It's unique because there's never been a book about a middle-aged guy who appeared out of nowhere to become a successful pinch hitter for a big league baseball team.

For all of you baseball fans, the play by play action was great. I could almost smell the hot dogs and the kettle corn with the way the story was told so visually.


No comments: